— Wealth of experience —
We supply the most beautiful materials for your garden combined with expert advice for the selection of stunning trees and plants to compliment the final design.
Alan has a portfolio of stunning natural stone designs some of which have claimed prizes in local garden competitions! He favours use of natural materials in a garden setting which bring a more natural look and feel to the garden changing with the seasons in their own individual way. Alan not only has a wealth of experience and ideas to transform your outdoor living space, but is a real craftsman in the building and traditional restoration of stonework including the recent incorporation of a much loved veteran tree into an equally ancient stone dyke wall using locally crafted metalwork!
Fiona is a fully qualified and experienced Forester, Arboriculturalist and Professional Tree Inspector (LANTRA and ISA TRAQ). Her qualifications include a Diploma in Forestry from the Scottish School of Forestry, a First Class BSc (Honours) in Arboriculture and the Certificate in Practical Horticulture with Merits from the Royal Botanic Gardens Edinburgh. Fiona has worked extensively in the public, private and commercial sectors and has many years of experience in arboriculture, commercial and urban forestry. Recent projects include the design, strategic planning, management and landscaping of iconic woodland sites, street tree and veteran tree risk assessments, management of commissions in high profile sites located in Central Scotland and the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park. Projects required extensive consultation with various public and private bodies with successful applications to various funding organisations. Fiona also carries out Professional Tree Inspections and reporting for domestic and commercial clients (BS5837:2012) and advises on the design and selection of appropriate tree species. Fiona explores technical solutions to overcome potential difficulties with development build and/or planning progression, particularly where mature trees are concerned. Her specialism is Urban Forestry and Trees in the Landscape.
WHAT WE DO:
- Garden Design - BIG or SMALL
- Hardwearing Stone Patios & Garden Paths
- Lawns and turf laying
- Professional Drystone Dyking and Stonewalling
- Stone Repairs and Renovation
- Low Maintenance Rockeries
- Garden Renovation & Maintenance
- Supply and Delivery of a range of materials incl. gravel, chips, sleepers and slabs
- Arboricultural & Urban Forestry Consultancy
- Tree & Shrub Planting and Aftercare
- Pruning & Training
- Selection of Tree Species and Suitable Sizes
- Experienced Professional Tree Inspection and Reporting
- Specification of Remedial Work to Reduce Tree Risk
- Tree Preservation Orders, applications for tree work in Conservation Areas, Ancient Scheduled Monument sites
- Tree and Woodland Management Plans
- AutoCAD & GIS mapping software
- Professional Indemity and Public & Employers Liability Insurance